Sunday, April 6, 2014

Food, foodies and my babies

I invited a bunch of my friends over to my place yesterday for food trials or taste tests. I had made two things- creamy baked veggies and lemon pudding. And I got a lot of compliments. One of them even said that I should start a food blog. 

Well, well well. Maybe I will. Maybe not a separate blog but a separate feature to this blog. One of my goals for 2014 is to have a better blog, write everyday and start  the process of getting published ( don't know if the getting published bit can happen, but I am trying. ) I don't know if I am good enough to get published but I can hope, can't I?

Anyway, back to food. I still am an amateur at the food thingy but well keep the compliments coming. This girl needs it. 

A food feature huh? Where I talk about food and how it excites me and I try out new recipes. The problem is eating food does not excite me as much as cooking does. I am not a foodie. I won't try weird food. ( So don't offer me sushi. ) I hardly try new meat(though I am open to trying veggies.).

Maybe I will be qualified to start a feature once I am married and cook more regularly. Right now I focused on trials for my business . ( I make chocolates and bake. )  Looking for recipes, modifying them, avoiding eating too much of what I make ( I am dieting ) and looking for feedback from people.

I want to try a lot of things with my blog. I like the way it's shaping up. A little of this, a little of that. Not focused on one thing. Just like me. This blog is very me. Mostly. I have two babies- my business and my blog. I want both to be reflections of who I am. And even though it's taking a little time, it's happening. That makes me really happy.

P. S. I have a driving test tomorrow. And I' m starting swimming again!


2 comments :

  1. You hav what it takes to get published. I see a lot of mediocre writers penning a bland novel and getting rave reviews for it.You are better than many of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of the best compliments I have gotten in a long while. Thanks, it feels good to be appreciated. Cheers.

      Delete