Friday, March 7, 2014

Midget Stories

The shortest short story ever written is attributed to Ernest Hemingway. Though one can never be sure if it was him.

"For sale: baby shoes, never worn "

I think It is always a challenge creating and presenting a story with as less words as possible. I have been writing these tiny stories here and there. I like to call them midget stories- all under the word count of 55. ( To read my 55 word fiction and 100 word fiction click here and here.) So for Friday Fiction today I am posting my very own midget stories.

Thousands of rats chewed on the flesh, leaving behind only broken bones. They say he died on the railway tracks. His body was never found.






All our cells are replaced by new ones, every year. It’s been five years and I still can’t see my reflection in the mirror.

I was singing to her that night. Suddenly I could no longer hear
my own voice. And she, my still- born smiled.

I don’t know what makes me more happier; vultures finding new prey or crashing stock markets.

I was happy when she called to me. I turned to her side of the bed and she said – “ Death bores me, I want to live again.” 





Every time I go to a mall I see mannequins. Today I thought of their cold plastic body and jerked off. I came.

No comments :

Post a Comment