Wednesday, September 19, 2012

E:Energy. Prana. LIfe. Ki


Energy. One word with so many connotations. Science defines it as the ability to do work. Wikipedia says it is "  an indirectly observed quantity that is often understood as the ability of a physical system to do work on other physical systems"

What I want to talk about is the science of using energy to heal. Energy or prana(life) can be utilized to heal. This science, has been adapted and systemised by Grand Master Choa Kok Sui. Pranic Healing is based on the overall structure of the human body. Man`s whole physical body is actually composed of two parts: the visible physical body, and the invisible energy body called the bioplasmic body. The visible physical body is that part of the human body that we see, touch, and are most acquainted with. The bioplasmic body is that invisible luminous energy body which interpenetrates the visible physical body and extends beyond it by four or five inches.

I have been a Pranic Healer since 2009 and it has been  quite an enriching journey. It is amazing how recognising the existence of an energy body can change how you see things. After learning the art of Pranic Healing, I became more aware of the energy around me; negative and positive. When you know how to feel energy, you can feel energy everywhere. This awareness is both exciting and confusing for a beginner. It's like being blind for a long time and then suddenly be able to see.

It has made me an emotionally stronger person and a lot more calmer. I know now that every action we take has consequences. The knowledge that simple ailments AND severe ones can be healed with not much trouble is an exciting prospect. I experienced this myself when my mother was down with severe rashes and the doctor had adviced her not to travel. We had to attend my cousin's wedding in a different city and I really wanted her to come. I started healing her. and surely her rashes reduced. We consulted the doctor and he said that she could travel. That was when my faith on healing heightened and I decided to continue with the next levels of learning.


In pranic healing, there is no physical contact between the healer and the patient. Physical contact is not required because the practitioner is working on the bioplasmic or energy body and not directly on the physical body. This energy body, or aura, is the mold or blueprint that surrounds and interpenetrates the physical body. It is the energy body that absorbs life energy and distributes it throughout the physical body, to the muscles, organs, glands, etc Thus Distant healing is also possible. You could be sitting in Tamil Nadu with high fever and your healer may be healing you; sitting in his home in New York. Pranic healers are also taught to self heal. So, if I have a backache I can heal myself. It's another thing that I am lazy about it.

The best part about Pranic Healing is that it is not out of reach. Any healthy person with an average intelligence, an average ability to concentrate, an open but discriminating mind, and a certain degree of persistence can learn pranic healing in a relatively short period.

I still have a lot to learn. I am still an amateur. There is so much to be explored. But I like to take my time. This is one part of my life where I don't need to compete. It's something I do for myself. To be spiritually sound. To understand life better. To be able to touch a few lives. 



2 comments :

  1. I will be honest with this one... I just wanted to FINISH it as fast as I could because I am not really a biological minded person. :P But nonetheless, lovely writing as always!!! :D

    ReplyDelete